We've managed another trip up the lotty!! All is going so well that we can even pick and choose our beds this year. It's great how far we've got getting the plot ready. I assembled this 8' x 10' frame at the weekend which is quite an achievement for a 5'3" short arse! I balanced on a chair to tie the tops!
I put the runner bean plants from the seed bed into place by the frames and gave them a good watering. There's manure under all of them so they should be good. Unfortunately a couple seem to have black fly so we'll have to spray them some time this week. :(
Karl put down some paths with some pine needles which were on offer at the bottom of the hill. Nice and spongy!
I took the nets off the broad beans and also planted some sunflowers by the greenhouse. Fingers crossed we get some nice tall ones this year!!
We've also scattered some pumpkins in between the black plastic at the back of the plot and put some butternut squashes in the middle of the bean structures. We have a teepee shaped structure at the front of the plot for some climbing french beans. The slugs seem to be hot on the trail of these seedlings tho so it's a bit of a battle!